Choose your source
Keep all of your citations in one safe place
Create an account to save all of your citations
Don't let plagiarism errors spoil your paper
- Scan your paper for plagiarism mistakes
- Get help for 7,000+ citation styles including APA 6
- Check for 400+ advanced grammar errors
- Create in-text citations and save them
- Free 3-day trial. Cancel anytime.
Consider your source's credibility. Ask these questions:
- Has the author written several articles on the topic, and do they have the credentials to be an expert in their field?
- Can you contact them? Do they have social media profiles?
- Have other credible individuals referenced this source or author?
- Book: What have reviews said about it?
- What do you know about the publisher/sponsor? Are they well-respected?
- Do they take responsibility for the content? Are they selective about what they publish?
- Take a look at their other content. Do these other articles generally appear credible?
- Does the author or the organization have a bias? Does bias make sense in relation to your argument?
- Is the purpose of the content to inform, entertain, or to spread an agenda? Is there commercial intent?
- Are there ads?
- When was the source published or updated? Is there a date shown?
- Does the publication date make sense in relation to the information presented to your argument?
- Does the source even have a date?
- Was it reproduced? If so, from where?
- If it was reproduced, was it done so with permission? Copyright/disclaimer included?
Filled with a wide variety of examples and visuals, our Citation Machine® MLA guide will help you master the citation process. Learn how to cite books, magazines, newspapers, social media, journal articles, and more!
Our Citation Machine® APA guide is a one-stop shop for learning how to cite in APA format. Discover what APA is, how to cite in APA format, and use our simple to follow directions and examples to keep your citations in check and under control.
Creating citations in Chicago style has never been easier thanks to our extensive Citation Machine® Chicago style guide. Learn about footnotes, endnotes, and everything in between to help you.
Whether you’re a student, writer, foreign language learner, or simply looking to brush up on your grammar skills, our comprehensive grammar guides provide an extensive overview on over 50 grammar-related topics. Confused about reflexive verbs, demonstrative adjectives, or conjunctive adverbs? Look no further! Learn about these grammar topics and many, many more in our thorough and easy to understand reference guides!
Stay up to date! Get research tips and citation information or just enjoy some fun posts from our student blog.